What if we could improve patient safety and enhance quality of care in BC by sharing what we learn so others can implement positive change in their organizations too? Indeed we can! There are hundreds of individuals and teams across the province who are committed to initiating new care processes, establishing best patient safety practices and making system-wide changes. We’d like to continue passing on this valuable knowledge, so to kick off the New Year we’re encouraging you to send us your stories of improvement.
You might be a nurse on a mission to improve patient safety on your unit. Or perhaps you are a physician with a particular interest in quality and safety. Or you might be a multi-disciplinary team engaged in several patient safety initiatives in your organization. Whoever you are and whatever you’re doing to improve patient safety we’d like you to share your story with us, so we can learn together and ensure BC’s healthcare system continues to improve in the future.
What’s in it for you?
Your work will be published here on our blog so your colleagues across BC will see what you and your team are up to. We can’t think of a better way to celebrate and profile your excellent work. In addition, your story can be used as an internal education tool for staff who are interested in learning more about safety culture and PSLS. Plus, our readers are spread all over the world, which means national and international patient safety organizations will catch a glimpse of the quality of care we provide in BC. You will likely develop new connections and have an opportunity to share best practices.
Here’s some ideas to inspire you:
- What patient safety project(s) is your team working on right now?
- Has your organization initiated a creative approach to patient safety?
- How have you engaged your staff in quality and safety?
- Do you have an example of how PSLS has improved patient safety in your organization?
- What are your patient safety goals for 2015?
We’ve come a long way to foster a safety culture across the province. We believe we can do even better! So please contact us today with your patient safety story and make 2015 your year to shine!
- Fraser Health Authority – Tammy Simpson Tammy.Simpson@fraserhealth.ca
- Interior Health Authority – Andrew Hiob Andrew.Hiob@interiorhealth.ca
- Island Health – Jennie Aitken Jennifer.Aitken@viha.ca
- Northern Health – Kirsten Thomson Kirsten.Thomson@northernhealth.ca
- Providence Health Care – Elena Cernicka ECernicka@providencehealth.bc.ca
- Provincial Health Services Authority – Jyoti Ladhar JLadhar@phsa.ca
- Vancouver Coastal Health – Terri Aitken Terri.Aitken@vch.ca