BCPSLS is thrilled to participate in BC’s Change Day this Friday, November 17, 2017!
Change Day first began in 2013 with the National Health Service (NHS) in England and it has since spread to become a global movement. BC launched its first Change Day in 2015, facilitated by the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council along with a number of partners and ambassadors.
The essence of Change Day is a pledge to improve the quality of healthcare. Pledges can be made by individuals or teams and can be big or small. They can cover a variety of themes, such as empathy, self-care, cultural humility, and role modeling.
There have been over a million pledges made since Change Day began. The team at BCPSLS Central Office is proud to be a part of this worldwide movement endeavouring to make a positive difference.
What will your pledge be? Inspire others by sharing your pledge at changedaybc.ca.
Clockwise from top left:
- Annemarie Taylor: I pledge to…regularly celebrate and thank my team!
- Catherine Reid: I pledge to…challenge racism in all its forms.
- David Gasson: I pledge to…try to understand what people MEAN rather than what they SAY.
- Jesse St. Mars: I pledge to…bike to work more often (even in winter!)
- Tammy Simpson: I pledge to…walk 10,000 steps per day.
- Martin Jurkovic: I pledge to…make the switch to public transportation.
- Kim Steger: I pledge to…reinstate my gratitude practice!
- Inderpal Chani: I pledge to adopt a catch basin and keep it clear of leaves.
Interested in some virtual celebrating? Consider yourself invited! The BC Patient Safety & Quality Council is hosting an online “drop-in style” event this week on November 17, 2017.
The event will feature two inspiring speakers from the United Kingdom as well as two local change agent champions:
- Helen Bevan, Chief Transformation Officer with NHS England’s Horizons Team
- Jim Easton, Managing Director of Health Care, Care UK
- Kerry Campbell, Leader, Quality, Patient Safety & Accreditation, BC Emergency Health Services
- ShelleyLynn Gardner, Rehabilitation Assistant, Surrey Memorial Hospital and 2018 Quality Award Everyday Champion Winner
For more information or to register for the event, please visit the Virtual Celebration registration site.
Enjoy getting connected to Change Day!