Our latest additions of links to patient safety literature, news and other resources. Please contact us with your suggestions if you have something to add.
- Let’s Take the Pressure Off! Streamlining pressure ulcer identification and promoting improvement using an electronic patient safety event and learning system in BC
R. Hill, S. Handfield, A. Taylor and M. Preston, The Link, December 2014, Volume 25, Issue 3
- Patient Safety at the Front-Lines: The Provincial Context
Healthcare Quarterly, 17(Special Issue) October 2014: 14-20.doi:10.12927/hcq.2014.23956
- Personalizing Healthcare Online: Experiences of Care Providers and Families who Blog
M. Preston, Final Research Paper, Royal Roads University, Master of Arts in Professional Communications (MAPC), 2013-May-29
- A human factors and survey methodology-based design of a web-based adverse event reporting system for familiesJ. P. Daniels, et al (2010) International Journal of Medical Informatics
- Adverse Event Reporting and Learning
A. Taylor, Qmentum Quarterly, April 2012.
- Identification by families of pediatric adverse events and near misses overlooked by health care providers J. P. Daniels et. al., CMAJ, November 2011
- The Bedside Observer: Using patient and family observations to enhance patient safety CPSI, full report, July 2010
- Children’s Hospital takes a lesson from parents: Parents have such a keen eye when it comes to their children that doctors at BC Children’s Hospital are inviting them to be their harshest critics Vancouver Sun, Nov 5, 2009
- Time to listen: a review of methods to solicit patient reports of adverse events
A. King, J. Daniels, J. Lim, D. Cochrane, A. Taylor and M. Ansermino. Quality and Safety in Healthcare Volume 2, April 2010.
- Barriers to and Incentives for Safety Event Reporting in Emergency Departments
J. Brubacher, G. Hunte, L. Hamilton and A. Taylor. Healthcare Quarterly Volume 14, 2011.
- Establishing a Provincial Patient Safety and Learning System: Pilot Project Results and Lessons Learned
D. Cochrane, A. Taylor, G. Miller, V. Hait, I. Matsui, M. Bharadwaj, and P. Devine. Healthcare Quarterly Volume 12, 2009.
- Planning the Implementation of a Province-wide Patient Safety Reporting and Learning System for British Columbia
A. Taylor, EXTRA Intervention Project Final Report, 2007-05-01